Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall is Here!

It has been a while since I made a "real" post. I have started a "favorite part of the day" blog with my family as well as a private online journal. That coupled with the fact that my son has super human powers that allow him to survive on limited sleep , have made me neglect this blog. I will probably just start posting exerpts from my journal and fun pictures we take, so if my blog starts to take on a more journal-like quality that's why...

What a wonderful day! It seems that overnight Fall has arrived. I love changes in the seasons and am especially enjoying Fall. The air feels crisp and clean, the bugs are leaving and I can pull out my sweaters and jackets! For some reason fall and winter makes me nostalgic for the days I spent in Connecticut. I'm not sure why, I spent almost two years there, enjoying all the seasons, maybe it is because the fall is so fantastic on the East coast...?

My nephews football team was playing here in Vegas this morning so we decided to go watch the game. They did awesome! I think the final score was 26 to zero. I am looking forward to all the games we are going to get to attend when we are living in Logandale. We have seven nephews there who are involved in about every sport there is.

This afternoon I attended a Herb Day expo. I have been wanting to learn more about herbs and have thought about growing a small indoor herb garden for a while, so when I heard about Herb Day I was excited. Because of the football game I only went to half of the expo. I attended "Herbs for Pregnancy, Childbirth and Breastfeeding" first . Josh was really good for the 1st 30 minutes during which they covered herbs during pregnancy. By the time the presentation had turned more to breastfeeding (what I was interested in) Josh had had it, so I left early to feed him and regroup. He was in a great mood as I headed to the presentation "Container Herb Gardening". It was held outside on the grass which I thought would be great; Josh would enjoy being outside and his noisiness would be muted by the outdoor noises. Wrong. He has started saying "Hey!" really loud then waiting to see what kind of response he gets. He thinks it is a great game, and around the house it is, but in a lecture not so good. I tried keeping him quiet with a water bottle and cheerios, but it didn't really last. I worry that people wonder why I don't take my disruptive child out and at the same time I wonder if my ears are hyper sensitive because he is my responsibility. In any case we left about five minutes in. It was not all a loss though I did get some great handouts that will point me in the right direction and they had a delicious little lunch that Josh and I both enjoyed.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home. Three quarters of the way Josh had a melt down. That is very unusual for him. Normally he is happiest when we are out and about, but today he just seemed very tired. I considered leaving but then I thought about the fact that tomorrow is Sunday and our fridge is pretty bare. I headed to the check out line waited for a bit and then realized that I had left my money in the car! Once I got everything paid for I fed Josh for about two seconds before he fell asleep. He woke up when I carried him into the house completely rejuvenated from his five minute nap :).

We had a very good rest of the day just hanging out at the house. Contrary to how this entry may sound I am very much enjoying my little guy. He is so happy and entertaining ! It's fun to watch him figure out new things, he is almost crawling, and I love how we are learning to communicate with each other more and more all the time.

2 comments:

Kaysea said...

I like the more journally feel.

Granny Shanny said...

Sounds like you had quite a day! I have wanted to learn more about herbs, they can do so many things....I hear the right ones can even aid in sleep issues:)