Monday, November 10, 2008

School Days


This weekend I started thinking again about returning to school. I have this nagging feeling of a job unfinished and a goal unaccomplished. I found a program through BYU geared at helping you "finish at home what you started at BYU". It's just so stinkin' expensive! Scholarships allowed me to attend four years of school without paying a single penny. It is hard to think about forking out $400 + per class. It feels selfish to put all that money into something just to make me feel more accomplished and complete. We decided that I would stay at home with our children until they are school age. It would be nice to have the security in case I need to return to work sooner, but it's a pretty expensive security blanket. Maybe I will look into some financial aid...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I say go for it thats awesome and I think you'll regret it if you never do.

Erin L said...

That's a tough one. I was lucky enough to finish my degree up at BYU-I. I had a scholarship, which made it possible, but it was much harder after we had Ana. I did any online class that was available, and I got my online C in an online class. I got it done, but I don't know if I'd be able to get much better of a job because of what my degree is in. But I am so glad I finished and I don't regret it at all. I think that if there is a will, there is a way and you won't regret it if you get it done.

Tanya said...

Kayla! I am laughing because about a year ago I had the same feeling...and here I am at SUU on the computer working on some homework between classes. (I should not be blogging ha ha) I am so glad that i went back. It is a lot or work but I think it is easier to do it now then later. Plus...I am graduating in May!!! YAY! I know I would have regretted if I never finished.