Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!


Yesterday was Josh's 1st birthday! I can hardly believe it has been an entire year since he joined our family! The day didn't turned out quite like I anticipated, but very fitting for Friday the 13th! Thursday he was diagnosed with RSV and also showed symptoms of asthma. The asthma is a result of the RSV, hopefully it will not be long term but it is too soon to tell. We have been giving him breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. It was a nightmare the first time we tried to put the mask on his face. He wanted nothing to do with it, but has since decided it's not so bad and is very cooperative about letting us treat him. The albuterol from his breathing treatments makes him extremely hyper and awake. It is quite entertaining until about 2am when the sleep deprivation starts to kick in. Despite the lack of sleep I am so grateful for modern medicine that gives us the ability to help our babies when they are hurting. Here are a few pictures of him as a newborn:





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

Just look at that boy..perfection laid in your lap. Nothing better, harder, more rewarding, more frustrating, or satisfying than loving, teaching and watching him grow.

Kaysea said...

He is stinkin' cute. I can't believe that he's a year old already. Time sure flies.

The Reese's said...

They grow up fast! I'm glad he is doing better!