Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Friday we went to St George. Justin had a long weekend and we needed a change of scenary. It was beautiful weather, and nice to spend a stress free day together. We came upon this statue of Brigham Young. Josh kept waving and saying, "hi!". He couldn't figure out why Brigham wouldn't respond to him:


Justin took some great pictures of Josh in a little park we found. Here are a few:


Justin recently accepted a new position at work. He is really enjoying it so far. He has a more "regular" work schedule now, which is great! He has been on graves for over two years. He handled the sleep deprivation as well as any one could, but I think it was starting to wear on him. I had forgotten just how much I disliked graves until this change. At first I had to sleep with the lights on, weapon by my side, but eventually I adjusted and toughened up. I am liking this change. I love the
routine and consistency "traditional" work hours offer. I know he is working the same amount of time, but it just feels different. It was oh so nice to have dinner at 6:30 instead of 8, 8:30, or whenever Justin happened to wake up. I like routine.

Josh continues to amaze and entertain us. His vocabulary is growing daily. It's remarkable how quickly children learn. He currently uses the following words or phrases correctly: "silly" "hot" "daddy" "want that" "ball" "dog" "
num" (for food) "bye" (for rock-a-bye) "bike" "night night", "hi", "broom", "water" "baby" and "Bee" for his cousin Abby. He has also started folding his arms for the prayer. He makes sure we remember for each meal, usually multiple times throughout the meal! He is currently very into brooms. He can spot one a mile away. He found one at Cafe Rio, Target, and Costco during our shopping trip.

I
came across this quote yesterday. I thought it was great, ""Your toddler will do what they need to do, and not necessarily what you say. If you're patient, then they will be patient. If you speak gently, then they will be gentle. Whatever you want them to be, you have to start becoming." I have thought about this concept a lot since becoming a parent. I am not there yet, but I think it is a good thing to keep in mind.


3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

I am so glad Justin is enjoying the new job! How nice for all of you to have this time together. Great pictures, they make me even more excited to get there, as if that was possible!

Kaysea said...

He is such a cute smarty pants.

Wynd said...

I can't believe how handsome and big he is! What a cutie. I am so excited that J has new hours, finally more normal routine for you! We sure miss you, please call when you head this way next time.