
The second day of our trip we woke bright and early to travel to Kirkland, Ohio (about a 4 hour drive). We visited the Kirkland temple and took a tour of Historic Kirtland, a restored and reconstructed settlement of the early American frontier. The temple tour was very interesting but I must admit I didn't take much from the 2nd tour of the town, Josh was a bit restless which distracted me. I did enjoy the beauty of the area however, especially this time of year when all the leaves are just beginning to change colors.
Josh and his cousins Jaron and Talon being silly in Kirtland:

Josh and Jaron. It's always nice to have extra helpers to chase Josh around and entertain him. Jaren is great at it!

Our last day in Michigan we visited the Henry Ford Museum. The building showcases not only early automobiles—it has a locomotive, a 1930s kitchen, the chair Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in and Edgar Allen Poe's writing desk. It also house other artifacts of transportation, manufacturing, domestic life, technology and entertainment. One could wonder the floors for quite sometime without getting bored. I wouldn't have expected Josh to like it too much, but he was quite thrilled to see the extensive bike and motorcycle collection he would examine one bike then run to the next saying "nother, nother, nother!"
The whole group at the Henry Ford Museum:







1 comments:
You. Take. The. Best. Pictures. Ever. Oh, and Josh is ADORABLE.
Post a Comment