Friday, November 20, 2009

New Companions



Life is good around here. Josh's newest cousin Austin started coming to our house a couple days a week. Josh thinks he is wonderful! He wants to read to him, share all his toys, and tell him about everything that is happening. Most days he asks about "Happy Austin" and whether he can give him a bottle. Austin is a very easy-going baby, it works out beautifully, though he does seem much more fragile with two toddlers running around!


Aunt Julie (Justin's sister) moved in this month. She brought with her two bulldogs. Josh is in heaven! I was a little nervous about how they would all get along, but things have been good. The dogs are very patient with Josh who wants to identify all their body parts (eyes, ears, teeth, etc.), kiss, hug, and follow them around. Zoe, the younger of the two, has gotten a little overexcited and knocked Josh down a few times, but he is unoffended and undeterred in pursuing a friendship with her.

Josh seems to be growing up so quickly these days! He can not only open all the doors, but unlock them too. He has started putting sentences together and using bigger words like tomorrow and disgusting. Yesterday I took him to the doctor for his final vaccinations until Kindergarten. Hallelujah! I can't think of many things I dislike more than taking him to get shots.

Josh and Austin:


2 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

Okay- Call me crazy, but my arms went numb when I looked at the pictures of Josh putting his finger in that dog's mouth!...Just tell me he is an old dog, one with no teeth and I am sure I will feel much better.
Love the sweet tenderness with Happy.

Kaysea said...

Have you been taking writing and photography courses? Stellar.