Our little family has never had a pet. I have been thinking it would be good for the kids to have a dog for the past couple years, but have been able to hide behind the excuse that our landlord wouldn't allow pets. Now that we are in our own house I really don't have a good reason aside from the fact that I don't want to deal with the mess. Last month Justin's sisters dog needed a temporary place to stay for a few months, so we offered. The kids love having a dog! It has been especially good for Josh who I am constantly worrying about not have a little friend. The first week we got Beau Josh would sing him "I'm trying to be Like Jesus" at bedtime, he drew pictures to decorate the walls of his (laundry) room, and basically treated him like a person. One of my personal favorites was when he was teaching him how to play Go Fish :) The novelty has worn off a bit just in time for aunt Kaysea to come visit yesterday bringing with her some kittens! I don't think they are going to live here permanently but the kids sure are having fun playing with them. Claire loves them, almost to death (note the second picture). We have to keep a close eye on her, she finds picking them up by the neck is a very convenient way to tote them around.
June 12, 1993
4 years ago














3 comments:
I'm so glad you caught the "go fish" lessons on camera. That is priceless. Can't wait to see what you end up owning for yourselves!
Thanks for the post. It had been a low morning and these pictures had Dad and I laughing outloud! Good luck trying to reason with Claire about those "best stuffed animals ever" leaving.
Such a sweet little girl...she is getting so big. Cute additional pics
Post a Comment