Enjoyed a 3 week visit from my parents during which we attended the Clark County Fair. Where Josh participated in mutton bustin'. His sheep rammed him into the fence which was painful to witness, but he handled it like a champ and left feeling like a winner.
Never judging those moms on Toddlers and Tiaras again! Look what I allow my child to be subjected to (note the spectators faces):
Traveled to Utah solo twice; once for a wedding and again to visit family. Here's Josh with his second cousins. Britley in the middle is hands down the most spunky child I have ever met! She and Josh have a mutual crush that is hilarious to witness. 

Traveled to Logandale to babysit my 6 nieces and nephews while their parents took a vacation:
A backyard garden has been on my wish list for a long while. I am experiencing a ridiculously high level of satisfaction as I see my little plants come to life. Here are our pumpkins
Celebrated Claire's 2nd birthday. Grateful beyond words for this little blessing in my life. I love her to pieces. I just want to soak in every minute of her childhood and ignore the panic that comes when I think of how temporary this season is. Whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" was crazy! I think it is my favorite age.
Some things to remember about Claire at age two:
Loves books. She is especially fond of her "little books" and the nursery ryhm The Queen of Tarts.
- She has started to play make-believe. I love listening to the things she comes up with.
- refuses to be covered with a blanket and will kick it off even when cold
- has an impressive vocabulary. She is constantly surprising me with the words and phrases she picks up i.e.: I'm irritated, I'm frustrated, Mom you're my special girl, Josh I'm giving you one last chance!
- Loves shoes and will pass up the toy aisle for the shoe section anyday.
- Can snap her fingers.
- Walks around telling me all the things she likes, "I like birds, I like trees, I like popcorn, I like Daddy, I like snakes....."
The kids and I went on a ward camp out. Love being in the mountains even if only for one night!
Justin and Josh went on a boys camp out with Grandpa Terry and brought home this delightful pet. I secretly hope it escapes (outside), but Josh loves it:
and here are a few more pictures most from our travels:






























4 comments:
Yay! A post! You have been busy!
Lovely post! Wonderful family. *hugs*
The above comment was actually made by your Mom....you have been using my laptop I see.
You know what would be fun? A new post!
Post a Comment