Sunday, July 13, 2008

Road Trip




It feels like we have been gone forever! The last week of June we headed down to Newport Beach for the Terry Family Reunion. We rented a beach house with J's parents, seven siblings, and a million little kids. It was crazy and fun! After our fun in the sun was over we came back home for one day before setting out for a 11 hour journey to Idaho, for J's grandmas funeral. I was nervous about such a long drive because Josh absolutely hates his car seat! Through some miracle he did wonderful, sleeping most of the way. I was so grateful! Although I didn't know Grandma Howell very well, it was good to be there to pay tribute. Funerals have a way of making one reflect on what is really important in life.


Justin ended up with almost a week off so we decided to take our time getting back home. We had a great time! We visited family and friends that we don't often get a chance to see. Spent some time walking down memory lane in Provo where we met, and just enjoyed being together. The last two days of our trip we spent at the family cabin in Pine Valley. It was nice to get out of the city into the fresh mountain air!

4 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

So glad you have had a chance to have your 2 fellows all to yourself for a few days. Grateful that your little man did some serious sleeping. Sending heartfelt sympathy at the passing of Grandma, no matter the circustance it is always thought provoking.

Kaysea said...

You should have just kept on driving until you came right here to me.

Terina said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Natasha said...

Such a fun summer vacation! I love the great pictures. I didn't know you guys met in Provo, and Pine Valley is beautiful. So fun.