Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to Reality

It has been quite a week! Last Wednesday I got a call that my little sister was in the hospital with appendicitis. I haphazardly packed my bags,and drove three hours to Cedar City to help her while she recovered. She was quite a trooper, aside from a brief pain-induced fainting spell she recovered very smoothly. Tentatively I had planned to come home Tuesday, but somehow lost my keys in the 1st 15 minutes I was there (I seem to have a talent for this little trick!). Justin ended up mailing me the spare that didn't arrive until Wednesday night. Eight days went by surprisingly fast. It was so nice to have someone else around during the day, I hadn't realized how boring and quiet my days have become. Josh had a ball! We visited my Grandma and Aunt quite a bit which meant more people to love and entertain him. The best part about Grandma "Pink's" house were the pets. She has a cat and a dog, every time they would come into the room Josh would squeal with delight, it was very entertaining to watch!

My parents moved to DC temporarily last year. Kaysea lives in the basement of their home and they have a family renting the upstairs. The renters have taken great care of things, but the yard it slightly overwhelming and a few spots needed some attention. We spent Tuesday night weeding. I actually enjoy yard work once I get started. We pulled out some mint that had overtaken, my goodness it smelled so good! The weather was just perfect! It was nice to put Josh on a blanket in the grass and not worry about him dying of heat stroke, I can't wait for it to cool off here in Vegas!

On the way home I decided to stop in St George at Kiddie Kandids to get some portraits taken of Josh. I am always frustrated when I go to a portrait session because I am so picky about pictures. I just want to jump in and do it myself. I also find myself surprised when they stop. They never seem to take enough pictures to get a great shot. Don't worry I bite my tongue and hope for the best. Here are the pictures I got, I thought they turned out pretty good.

5 comments:

Kaysea said...

Poor girl! :(

Cute pictures! :)

Granny Shanny said...

She is soooooo lucky to have "another Mother"! AND a brother-in-law that would share you for soooo long!
Cute pics, almost as good as one of yours!

Tanya said...

Sad for you sister but I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I think that your pics at KK turned out cute! I can see how you have a hard time letting other people take pics becuase you are truly talented! Me on the other hand....I love when people take pics of Kade...they are ALWAYS better than the ones I take. :)

Wynd said...

Sorry to hear about Kaysea! But what a fun thing for you to get stuck in Cedar so you could play longer with her. How handsome Josh is!

Natasha said...

1. So glad you got to spend time with family in Cedar!
2. Sorry about the lost keys - I can sympathize (see my blog...)
3. Why on earth would you pay someone to take portraits of your kid when you are such an amazing photographer? I would pay you to photograph my kids!