Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baby Bonanza

Today I went to "Baby Bonanza" where they had booths, lectures, and demonstrations about various parenting topics. I learned infant cpr, got the new car seat checked, and took a baby massage class (which Josh wanted nothing to do with). I also listened to a lecture by Dr Sears author of The Baby Book. I have only recently been introduced to his philosophy, but so far I very much agree with his approach to child rearing. Everything I have read of his makes me feel very validated, it just makes sense! His lecture focused on nutrition, a topic that interests me. I left with new knowledge and motivation to create a healthy environment for my family. Check out his website if you want to learn more.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Yay for attachment parenting! I'm glad you have discovered Dr Sears and are enjoying his ideas. :)

Wish I could have come with you!

Anonymous said...

I got your blog and finally learned how to do it. Becky helped me. I enjoyed reading about your DITL