Friday, March 20, 2009



Well I have been accused of being a slacker blogger. I just haven't had the time or desire to post lately. Here is a excerpt from yesterday's journal entry for those of you who have missed my ramblings. I also included some pictures of Josh we took today because you all know I can't post without a picture or two:



We spent this afternoon working in the yard. It was the perfect weather for such an activity. It has been hot the past few days, but today was overcast and just the right temperature! Josh had a ball playing with the hose and digging with his shovel. I don't always feel like going out to do the yard work, but once I get out there I just don't want to stop. I love it! It is a good time to get some fresh air and ponder. I find myself creating all sorts of analogies to life as I pull the weeds that have been allowed to grow too long or pick the fresh veggies. I came in at about 6:30 with an arm full of asparagus and fresh cut flowers for the house. I don't even like asparagus, but I get such a thrill out of snapping it off from my very own backyard and feeding it to my family. Josh gobbled it up in no time! I must say asparagus is the most amazing vegetable I have ever seen. It grows so fast! I swear if I watched it for few minutes I would see it getting taller!

I opened my blog this afternoon to find that I had been given the "Happy Blog" award by my friend Erin. Erin is a sweetheart of a girl I knew when I was a nanny. The award is given to "those whose blogs are happy and positive and filled with hope-". It totally surprised me and made my day!

Josh is no longer a baby. He is a fully bona fide toddler. Oh how I am enjoying this age! I love that he understands what I am saying to him. I can ask him yes or no questions and get a response. It is absolutely wonderful to watch him learn. I was a bit skeptical of the baby signing movement when I 1st heard about it, but it has been a great thing for him. He is starting to pick up new signs so quickly. Sometimes he does the signs we teach him and sometimes he creates his own version. The important thing is that he is communicating and loves it! He gets so excited when he signs to us and we understand what he is saying! His current signs include: horse, more, dog, bird, on, down, cat, dog, milk, and music. Up until recently he had been doing the sign for dog for just about every 4-legged creature, but this week he has started to distinguished the different signs and animals adding horse,cat and bird in just one week. It is so exciting to me! I love to see him developing and learning, but I also want to record every endearing little characteristic and mannerism before it is gone. Sometimes I wish I could just follow him around with a video camera all day.

I am getting anxious to see my family. My parents, my sister, and my niece and nephew Gavin and Serenity are coming from DC for Kaysea's graduation in April. A couple of things reminded me so strongly of home and childhood today that it made me even more excited. One was the sprinklers, of all things! Justin was testing them to make sure the timer was right and the "click, click, click, whoosh" took me back to earlier days when I would wake up to the sound of the sprinklers running outside my window. Strange, but it made me happy. I'm not homesick. I am okay not living close to my family, and never really expected that I would. Sometimes, however, I fantasize about us all living in the same town. Our kids playing together, heading over to their grandma and grandpa's house for some extra love. It would be nice :).

3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

What a wonderful post! There are never enough pictures..so no worries there.
I am glad that you are content, grateful you're enjoying who you are, wishing that we were close enough for that extra dose of lovin' too.
I can't believe how big he is...and so handsome too! Can't wait too hug him up and learn some signing!

runningfan said...

What great pictures of Josh! Glad you're enjoying life in Logandale.

Rob said...

You should totally post all of your journal entries on the web and share your entire psyche with the whole world the way I do. ;P

Seriously, though, I love your happy blog. And I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!