Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Virginia Part 1


(Josh with his cousins Ian and Serenity in Washington DC)


I forget just how much I love the east until I go back and it hits me again! Both my sister's family and my parents live in the suburbs about 30 miles outside Washington DC. It is absolutely lovely! We were there for long enough that we didn't have to feel rushed to fit an itinerary into a short period. We spent some time doing tourist things, but mostly just enjoyed being together and taking advantage of things nearby like swimming and biking. We loved all the trails that wind through the forests, over rivers, and often lead to charming little playgrounds nestled in the woods. It is absolutely magical to be out on the trail at dusk, and admire the flickering fireflies. I think we biked, roller bladed or walked those trails just about everyday. My dad even purchased some roller blades while we were there. It was a wonderful trip! I am so grateful for the relationships I have with my family, we really do have a great time together. I wish we could live closer, but at least they are in a great place to go visit. We miss you all already!!!

Pictures from our bike rides:


(Serentiy and Kaysea after riding through the muddy river, yes we rode our bikes across that.)

4 comments:

Rob said...

LOVE these entries!!
We miss you guys!

Granny Shanny said...

It appears.....

Kaysea said...

Utah used to be pretty but now it's a little ugly. What happened? Maybe it's me?

Grandma said...

It is beautiful! I love green. Glad you had a good time. This is me Becky aka Grandma.