There is a community on livejournal called Day in the Life. Members document their day through photos (for more info go here.) My older sister has participated in this community for years. I always love when she posts a DITL; a little peek into what her life is like day to day. I thought it would be fun to try my own DITL now and then. Here is my DITL from Thursday:
Potty training is still a work-in-progress. We set the timer every 1/2 hour to remind us to go.

He looks so much older in underwear

Josh helps me wash the dishes:

A dirty oatmeal bowl gives Josh an idea for breakfast so we eat:


It's a rainy day. Rain has a way of brightening my mood and lifting my spirits. Once it stops we head outside. I take some pictures of the wet plants, and wish for a macro lens.

even the weeds look pretty in the rain:

We feed the horses. Josh is always my big helper:



We go on a ladybug hunt. I find it interesting the things I take note of when I have a garden. I am happy when it rains and am excited to find so many ladybugs ready to eat the nasty avids. Josh is thrilled that the ladybugs like him:



We play outside for a bit riding bikes and swinging:


We clean up, eat lunch, and get ready for Josh's cousins, Austin and Alexa to come.

Like most days they head to the closet and get the cars.

Things go well until we have a moment like this and nap time becomes apparent:

Alexa goes to sleep quickly, but Josh's nap is a failed attempt. He has been napping later and later. I think it may become a thing of the past soon. We play with this little guy until he goes to sleep too:

Josh plays and reads books while I do chores. I bought this book more for myself them him. I love the illustrations. He ended up loving it too and will sit through the entire 96 pages of nursery rhymes. Win win.

Austin wakes up and is ready to eat. Josh is ready to help:

Josh wants to hold Austin and read him a book, a daily request. He loves this baby:


Cousins leave and we head to the post office and run a few errands:

Josh falls asleep:

I work on my school stuff. I am so grateful to be taking classes again!

dinner:

Go to cousins, Derrick and Mason's baseball game:

Josh and Alexa enjoying the game and suckers:

We come home bathe and get ready for bed:Potty training is still a work-in-progress. We set the timer every 1/2 hour to remind us to go.

He looks so much older in underwear

Josh helps me wash the dishes:

A dirty oatmeal bowl gives Josh an idea for breakfast so we eat:


It's a rainy day. Rain has a way of brightening my mood and lifting my spirits. Once it stops we head outside. I take some pictures of the wet plants, and wish for a macro lens.

even the weeds look pretty in the rain:

We feed the horses. Josh is always my big helper:



We go on a ladybug hunt. I find it interesting the things I take note of when I have a garden. I am happy when it rains and am excited to find so many ladybugs ready to eat the nasty avids. Josh is thrilled that the ladybugs like him:



We play outside for a bit riding bikes and swinging:


We clean up, eat lunch, and get ready for Josh's cousins, Austin and Alexa to come.

Like most days they head to the closet and get the cars.

Things go well until we have a moment like this and nap time becomes apparent:

Alexa goes to sleep quickly, but Josh's nap is a failed attempt. He has been napping later and later. I think it may become a thing of the past soon. We play with this little guy until he goes to sleep too:

Josh plays and reads books while I do chores. I bought this book more for myself them him. I love the illustrations. He ended up loving it too and will sit through the entire 96 pages of nursery rhymes. Win win.

Austin wakes up and is ready to eat. Josh is ready to help:

Josh wants to hold Austin and read him a book, a daily request. He loves this baby:


Cousins leave and we head to the post office and run a few errands:

Josh falls asleep:

I work on my school stuff. I am so grateful to be taking classes again!

dinner:

Go to cousins, Derrick and Mason's baseball game:

Josh and Alexa enjoying the game and suckers:

Off to bed!









2 comments:
Adorable! Life looks pretty glamorous through your lens.
I hope you incorporate DITL's regularly in your blog. I love a glimpse into your days. Great pictures!
Post a Comment