Friday, May 28, 2010

The Ward Garden



Our bishop decided to start a ward garden this year. I was quite surprised at the size during my first visit. A member donated 2 acres (I think) of his land for us to plant on! I love going to the garden to pull weeds, harvest, and let Josh run around with all the other kids. There is such a good feeling there and sense of unity as we work in the dirt with other ward members. When I tell Josh we are going to go to the garden he always verifies that we are going to the "big" garden, not just the backyard. If we are he is very happy. A couple of weeks ago I was called to be an assistant to the head gardener. I am quite certain they would change their minds if they saw my own garden, but I am very excited about this calling. I get to work with great people and am going to learn a lot! I am also happy that they didn't release me from Young Women's. I would miss that calling very much!



























2 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

Gardening is God's therapy couch. I am excited that you are going to be learning much, I look forward to being able to learn from you! Amazing what grows, even in dirt that is not black. Love the pictures, there is a lot of feeling in them.

Alan and Mindee said...

What a cool idea and great way to get out and socialize while you work.