Sunday, August 8, 2010

Salt Lake

Last week we traveled to Salt Lake City for a Poulsen Family Reunion everyone from my Dad's family was there excluding five people. During the reunion my Grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. 65 years, isn't that amazing? We had a great time swimming, playing, laughing and and reminiscing . Josh enjoyed making friends with the boys his age, they spent hours jumping on the trampoline and riding bike and scooters. I regret not taking many pictures during the reunion, but sometimes it is more appealing to enjoy the moment than try to capture it. I made up for the lack of picture taking in the two days following the reunion, though! Kaysea, Josh and I stayed for a few extra days to get some family time in with my Mom and Dad. My Dad is doing fantastic! He looks worlds better than he did last time I saw him, and the sparkle has returned to his eyes. His body is responding to the treatments so well that the doctors are increasing his chances of recovery. Happy Day! While we were there we toured a candy factory, went hiking, and visited temple square. I feel so blessed for these wonderful people I call family!
As we were driving through St George a few weeks ago Josh noticed the temple and said, "oh Mommy look at dat big church!" I told him it is kind of like a church, but is a temple. He got excited and told me all about how he had seen a temple in nursery, he clarified that it was not a real temple, just a picture. He also told me about how he is quiet in the temple. I was surprised he remember a nursery lesson so well. We didn't have time to visit the temple that day, but I have wanted to since then. We decided to take advantage of being so close to temple square this weekend. I am quite certain his favorite part were all the fountains. Aunt Kaysea gave him a pocketful of change to throw in the fountains at his desire.

I love this picture of my Mom. There is something about her expression that so aptly represents her attitude throughout this challenging season. She's still smiling. She is amazing!


Laughing at Aunt Kaysea:




Our last day in SLC we drove up the canyon to Snowbird Ski Resort. What beautiful place. I never tire of being in the mountains it is both energizing and soul-soothing for me. We rode a tram to the top of the mountain and then hiked down to a ski lift that took us to the remainder of the way down. Josh was happy to ride on the "floating chairs" and has talked about them numerous time since our trip. I was surprised at my physical reaction to being on the ski lift with him. It scared me, I had to consciously remind myself be calm. I have been on ski lifts hundreds of times, but it felt a bit different with my little one up there. We survived and I think it was my favorite day of them all.

(He's attempting to stand like Grandpa)








(I know these are almost identical, but I couldn't decide!)







Grandpa and Grandma Poulsen on their big day:

Josh loves his Kaysea, she is such a good aunt! I think I may go crazy if I hear, "Mommy where's Kaysea?" again. It is a daily question from my little man, he sure misses her.



We were required to wear these lovely hair nets at the candy factory.

4 comments:

Kaysea said...

Move to Virginia. I miss him. And you of course.

Danielle said...

that pic with him walking toward the temple is amazing!! you are so talented:)

Granny Shanny said...

Only thing that could have made a better day was the rest of the family to be there....if only to laugh at Granny Shanny "hiking" to the chair lift - or you 2 girlies hiking in flip-flops! Thanks for taking and posting all the pics, we really loved being together just chillin'.

Wynd said...

You have amazing parents, I love all the pictures! Your entire family is so cute, sure miss yoU!