
For some reason I was blessed with a very easy child. I am constantly thinking to myself, "man I just enjoy this boy so much!" This holiday season has been especially fun! I love that he can anticipate the festivities, and be more a part of the planning. He was very particular about what he wanted to be for Halloween this year, and is anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival. He is quite specific about his wish list and has not varied from his one item, a motorcycle with a man and a helmet. Each new phase of his childhood brings with it new discoveries, skills, and I get to see more of his little personality emerge. He has recently entered a season of make-believe and pretend. He can spend hours playing make-believe with his animals and cars or whatever else he has found. Most often the participants are going on an airplane to Kaysea or Grandma Shanny's house or to the beach. My favorite was when baby Jesus (from his plastic nativity) was jumping off the diving board at the beach :). It is quite entertaining, though sometimes I miss the days when he wanted me to do a puzzle with him, playing pretend is a little exhausting! We spend our days with Gavin his imaginary friend/cousin (he has a real cousin named Gavin who I am quite certain is the imagined playmate.) Gavin must be served food, given toys, and included in most of our activities. Gavin also gets blamed for many mistakes made around the house. For example:
me: "Josh please don't put your feet on the table."
Josh: "Oh, Gavin wants me to."
I have found Gavin to be a useful tool in my days as well. If I ask Gavin to do something Josh is twice as likely to do it as if I only ask Josh.
Justin surprised me with tickets to Virginia for the holidays, we are leaving tomorrow! Happy Holidays, I probably won't be on here again until after the new year.






1 comments:
He just keeps getting cuter everytime I see pictures - I hope you enjoy your time in Virginia and have a great holiday!!
Post a Comment