About a month before Josh's birthday he started talking about a party. He had the details all planned out in is head: balloons, friends, cake, ice cream; the works. I'm not sure where he got the idea of a party, but I started to realize how disappointed he was going to be if it were just our little family celebrating his big 3 at home. We had only been in Vegas for a couple of months and really didn't know many people, especially with children Josh's age, but I decided I would try to pull off a little party for him. I figured it would be a good opportunity for me, the social butterfly that I am, to venture out and make new friends, even if only a few friends were there it would be enough at age 3 to make the day special. I invited the kids from nursery and a few neighbor friends we had made. The night before his party I had pretty much decided it was a horrible idea. The party planning had taken more time and money than I had anticipated and I had one yes RSVP and one maybe. The weather was stormy and cold, his party was taking place at the park. Boy was I surprised when we had 16 kids show up and a beautiful sunny day! Josh had a great time and I think the kids had fun too. It meant a lot to me that so many people came.
In some ways I can hardly believe that Josh is already three and in others it seems like he has been around for much longer than that. I'm not sure how to express how grateful I am to have him in my life, he brings so much light and joy into my days. I hope I can be a good enough person to deserve to be his mom. And now before you stop reading because I am getting to mushy here are a few pictures from his party. I wish I would have taken more, but was busy hosting the party.

Josh and I made this play doh as a party favor and opening activity. I found some plastic balls that the play doh fit perfectly in.

They went on a bug hunt to find these candy filled bugs:


Pin the nose on the clown:

Anticipating the cake with friends Ema and Angel:


Josh thought it was great fun to let the balloons go. Who could say no when it made him that happy?


Justin got him this remote control helicopter, they have a great time flying it around the house together:

On his actual birthday, Feb 13th he opened a couple of gifts. Here's a video of him opening some cowboy dress-up gear from my parents. The end is the best part...







0 comments:
Post a Comment