I always thought that buying a house would be fun and exciting. It's not. Five offers later we still don't have one. It took me a while to get on board with the idea of purchasing a home here in the one city I swore I would never live, let alone raise my family in. I guess I figured once I finally came to terms with my Vegas issues we would go pick one out and move on. Not so simple! I feel like we spend all our free time dragging our kids around to look at houses, then make them sit quietly while we fill out piles of paperwork. So many things are on hold in my life and our family routine and rhythm is all thrown off. We have found a few that we really like, we put offers in, and cross our fingers that we will get picked only to be disappointed days later with a rejection email. Despite my better judgment I begin to decorate the rooms in my mind and imagine all the happy memories we are going to make in them. It has been quite the emotional roller coaster. There aren't many house on the market here of late, interest rates may very likely go up after the election and prices are beginning to increase. All this adds pressure to find something soon before we miss out on the buyers market. Josh told me tonight that he doesn't think we'll move into a new house until he is "like ten our something" I'm starting to wonder if he's right. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.
On a completely unrelated note. The other night Josh said, Mom you know what we should do? Write down all the things we did today so we don't forget it when our day is gone. I was happy to support this journaling idea! We have written in his journal most nights since his suggestion. Thought I would type his entries online as a back up. If you want to read them (Mom) go
here.
1 comments:
Good luck with the house hunt - I know how hard it can be! We are actually trying to sell our house right now, so I understand how the whole process of buying or selling is downright stressful!! Hang in there and hopefully you find a good one that will accept your offer soon!
Post a Comment