Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Well we got a house!  We're excited and a little overwhelmed, hope we will be happy with our choice!  We felt a little pressured and rushed.   If you know me you know I am not very good at rushing my decisions :).  Ironically the rental we are living in sold on the same day!

Lots of thoughts running though my head lately that are not really connected, but I wanted to jot them down.

Josh is at an interesting phase.  He wants to be big and tough, but still has that little boyishness that likes to snuggle with his Mom and have her around as much as possible.  I love that part of him and will be sad when he decides he too big for rock-a-byes.  He has a strong little personality that I hope to heaven I can direct in a positive way.  He has been a bit of a challenge lately I find myself laying in bed most nights kicking myself for not being more patient and loving with him, planning how the next day I will do better.  Sometimes I succeed.  Sometimes I fail miserably.

A few things about Josh I don't want to forget:


  • ALWAYS tells me goodbye when we are parting with numerous hugs and kisses.  It doesn't matter how big of a hurry he is in he will come running back into the house to make sure he's given me a hug and kiss.  
  • Very quick to say sorry when he has made a mistake.
  • When he says he loves me he'll say "I love you all the numbers Mom!" sometimes he'll say "I love you all the letters too!"  
  • He was bragging about being "better than everyone else" at something the other day.  I told him that the most important thing is that we try our best and that we are happy for other people when they try their best too.  I also told him that we should help people that are struggling if we can.  To which he responded, "Well Mom I can't change it if I'm better than everyone.  It's just who I am."  Humble.  
  • Very interested in street signs right now.  He wants to know what they all mean.  He loves to look for speed limit signs and will notify me of the speed limit each time we pass one and verify I am following the law.  It has been very good number practice!

   

Learning to stop waiting for the day that life will be happy and perfect, rather seeing that there are happy moments along the way that should be reveled in, but that life is hard.  I've started to view trials a little differently than I used to.  I once saw a trial as something to endure or at best learn from.  I've been realizing that trials are an opportunity to choose what type of a person I am.  My reaction to a challenge speaks volumes to me about my true character.   What?  You already knew this? I've heard it many times too, just learning it personally.  On the topic of challenges; they can make one stronger. But I've never really had a pressing need to be stronger.  I've always really valued and respected people who were kind and gentle.  Noticing lately that some of my gentleness is gone focusing on reconnecting with that part of me that is soft and gentle.  Starting to ramble, I'm heading to bed!

3 comments:

Kaysea said...

You are one of my heroes. I am getting so very excited about the house! It will be nice to be in your own place and invest in relationships that can have the potential of lasting a lifetime. A lot of work, owning a home, but satisfaction in a job well done.
What a very blessed boy. Never fear, there will always been a part of him that wants a snuggle or a rock-a-bye, he just won't fit on your lap anymore and so you will find a new way to connect.

Granny Shanny said...

above message from Mom...guess Kaysea was on my laptop.

Anonymous said...

Well, he CAN'T help it if he's better than everyone else! haha...that makes me laugh a lot.

Gavin does the same thing with Good-byes. I love it.