Sunday, June 10, 2012

The big 30

We celebrated my 30th birthday on June 2nd.  I woke up to balloons,cards, and gifts from my boys, then we headed up to Utah for some, shopping, hiking, and yummy food.  Not many things I love more than some southern Utah outdoors!  We went to Red Cliffs and enjoyed a great day together!  There were so many lizards and squirrels!  Josh was in heaven.  The boys caught some tadpoles too, one of which we have anxiously watched transform into a frog!
It's kind of strange to be officially in my 30's.  According to my mom your 30's are some of the best years; old enough to know a few things but young enough to not be old :).  As I reflect back on the last decade I realize it was full of major life events I:  lived away from home for the first time, , went to college, visited 3 countries, got married, had two kids, and purchased my first home.  I anticipate this next decade as a more settled season wherein I get to enjoy being mom to my little loves, making our house a home, and getting into a nice routine,  but then life is rarely what we anticipate; here's to whatever the next ten years bring!







Claire was happy to collect (and taste) rocks while the boys caught their tadpoles:









1 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh how I love Red Cliffs. So many fun memories. Such a perfect day trip location. Happy birthday! Your family is simply adorable!