Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Started this post a few weeks ago.  I never finished it, but figured I might as well post it for history sakes:


I am so happy with our new home, I feel so very very blessed and spoiled!  Each previous move has been temporary I've always started out in a new place with the thought it would be home for only a year or so.  I'm enjoying  that we are here for a while, to look at my surroundings and somewhat plan a future in them is nice.  I keep finding new things I didn't think about when we bought our home that I love and most of the things I was hesitant about have actually turned out to be just fine.  I miss a few things about our old place like our library and park, and I am worried about finding a good preschool for Josh, hopefully those things will work out.  Wish I had a better eye for decorating, we set aside money to refurnish our living room.  I have no idea what to buy.  Turns out all my boards on pinterest consist of white, white, not kid friendly rooms.  We replaced the carpet and I am so happy with the way it turned out, it took me a good month of reminding myself that I wanted our home to feel comfortable and happy more than I wanted it to stay clean and new looking, but I'm officially over my OCD about every fingerprint and spill.  Sorry Chels that you had to visit during my OCD period :)

kid update:
 Claire is an absolute delight these days.   Just want to slow down time so I can enjoy her like this for longer.  She is still a sweet little baby, but can somewhat communicate her desires which makes life happier for everyone.  Her personality is coming out more all the time, she has a very sweet demeanor but gets more feisty by the day.  She likes her mamma but is quite independent and not very clingy (unless a stranger is around.)  She loves exploring our new home and has a few favorite spots that she likes to be.  She loves stuffed animals, bike rides, coloring (I'm worried she'll be my one to write on the walls!), shoes, and water play (excluding the bath).  She likes to feed herself and favorite foods are spagetti, cottage cheese and jambalaya.  She doesn't like fruit at all, strange.  Favorite words and pharases: uh oh, dadda, shoes, and cheese.  

Josh on the other hand is testing my patience in every way.  A few quotes run through my head all day:  " Love me when I deserve it the least for that is when I need it the most."  and  "It is not a parent's responsibility to have Christ-like children, it's a parent's responsibility to make sure their children have Christlike parents."  I'm not sure if he is responding to all the big changes in his life, maybe it's an age thing, boredom, bad parenting...  Just trying to remain consistent and as loving as possible, but most days I go to bed thinking that I need to do better tomorrow.




   

3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

So good to hear from you. I love your kids and house too. It is good to feel settled for awhile, and for that I am jealous!

Kaysea said...

I miss you and your cute kids! (That picture of Claire is adorable, FYI)

Natasha said...

Your kids are precious and gorgeous, and I SO needed your parenting quotes today! Levi just started kindergarten, Daisy 3rd grade, and we are expecting our 4th and I go to bed every night feeling like a failure! All these changes are causing some major growing pains and I feel like I'm not keeping up! I look forward to hearing more from you...