Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer Fun

I haven't been very good about blogging this summer.  Now the summer is over and  I have a lot of pictures that never made it on here.  They will fade into oblivion if I don't post them so here is a big photo dump of our summer:

We spent a lot of time in our yard.  Who knew that an unfinished yard full of dirt and a hose would provide so many hours of fun?


Hiking.  Here is Claire showing off her rock:
pillow sumo wrestling:
lots of walks to the park:

Many, many bike rides.  Here is Claire all geared up and ready to go  minus her shoes :)

blanket forts:


Helping Daddy sand the table.  We decided to sand and refinish our kitchen table since it looked like it had been through a war with all it's scratches and dents.  This has been a learning experience!  Justin has re-sanded it so many times I am surprised it is not the size of a toothpick, bless his perfectionist heart.  I'm happy to say it is finished and looks fantastic!
Painted many of the cardboard boxes from our move.  We made a card board train that I failed to take a picture of, but here is Claire all painty :)
Learned about the power of the sun and made use of the Vegas heat with crayon melts:





Splash pads!  One great thing about Vegas parks are all the splash pads:


Swimming!  Here we are swimming at Justin's sister's pool.  We spent a week there babysitting my 6 nieces and nephews while their parents were gone on vacation.  Josh had a great time, and I was amazed at how much easier taking care of 8 children was than  anticipated.  They are really great kids!



We live near Tulle Springs, home to many ducks and geese.  We brought them snacks a few times:



I think that's enough for tonight.  I'm heading to bed or I will regret it in the morning.  Still to come 4th of July, Kaysea's wedding, and Chelsea's visit...

3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

What a busy summer! Looks like much fun was had and captured. Love it!!

Kaysea said...

So fun and cute! Wish I could be there! And, I want to see the finished table!

Terina said...

Your kids are darling! Love your photography! Looks like you've had a fun summer!