Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yo Ho

We had Josh's birthday party this weekend. It was a lot of fun!  Thank goodness for all the creative people on pinterest and my mad yard selling skills we pulled it off with out spending much $.












Aunt Kaysea came down and brought the infamous Koda dog with her.  The anticipation of their arrival was more exciting then the wait for the party, by far.  Josh wanted to watch for them all day and when she called to let us know they were 20 miles out, he wanted to drive to meet them.  We loved having them here even if it was only for a few days.  Kaysea helped so much in the party prep and everything is just better when she's around.  Not sure how I managed not to get a picture of her, but she is starting to get a little belly and glowing as only a first time "mommy to be" can.  Can't wait for her new little GIRL to join the fam!



Justin constructed this mast for the favor table:



walking the plank:



This is Josh's friend Luke from our ward.  His Mom and I are in charge of activity days together.  The boys keep themselves busy playing in the church gym while we lead the activity.  It is a wonder they haven't broken any bones with the way they love to wrestle and climb to the top of anything they can find!  Last week I found them creating a "bunk bed" out of the long church tables.  Luke was on the bottom bunk, while Josh was getting ready to climb to the top of the precariously perched top bunk they had stacked above!  Luke is full of energy and life, I'm so grateful for they way he has included and loved my boy.  He will wrap his arms around him in the biggest bear hug one minute, then wrestle him to the ground the next!  Exactly what Josh needs.

We sent the kids on a treasure hunt throughout the house, that eventually led them to a treasure box pinata.  It was a huge hit!







Miss Kaia is such a character!  She was the first friend Josh made at preschool this year, I'm so glad he has this sweet girl in his hours away from home.  She's a great friend!  I love her big personality and creativity she was cracking me up the whole party.  Here she is kissing her "treasure"



accurate capture of Josh's attitude toward the pinata:





cutest little pirate of the bunch:




 

3 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

Looks like there was a grand time had by all. I bet those kids will be talking about it for quite some time. "Good job" to the whole crew! Thanks for posting, it was lovely to see.

Kaysea said...

It was fun to be there with you all!

Chelsea said...

Looks like an awesome party!!! Thanks for the pics! Wish we could have been there. So fun for Josh to be making friends. And I love the candles on the side of the cake!