Monday, February 24, 2014

DITL February 21 2014

Lately Josh has been waking early. I have enjoyed having these one-on-one moments with him.  He has a bowl of cereal and we start reading Little House in the Big Woods together.  I wasn't sure if he was old enough to enjoy the series yet, but he becomes completely absorbed in the story and wants to read "just one more chapter!" again and again.



We check our schedule chart and head upstairs to pass off sight words and make beds:




 Soon Claire wakes up (as a puppy)  Claire is a puppy more than she's a little girl these days.
Breakfast and scriptures:





Claire is becoming a more independent dresser these days.  She adds a skirt to today's outfit and is quite pleased with herself.  She spends a lot of her time in dresses and skirts these days.  "Going to the ball" is her 2nd favorite pastime behind playing dog.



Josh has mastered the skill of jump roping.


I do Claire's hair while the kids watch Curious George


Time to clean the play room!   It is like pulling teeth today.  Between arguing and being distracted by make-believe I am certain it is going to take all day.  Eventually I leave to do laundry and clean the bathroom because I need a break from the incessant monkey impersonations.  They manage to turn this:




into this:


We play some swing ball before it is time to get Josh ready for school and eat lunch

All ready for school.  LOVE this smile!
This boy is constantly whistling these days and has even mastered Grandpa Ernie's.  I like to imagine him smiling down whenever Josh whistles his tune.

Watching for carpool ride:
Play time with Mom!  We play kitchen, store, and puzzles.



Justin comes home early, a rare occurrence, I stop taking pictures for the rest of the afternoon as we get caught up in a long conversation.  We pick Josh up from school, Claire falls asleep on the way home and I decided to leave the kids home with Justin while I make a quick Costco run.
I come home with a trunk full of costco goods to find the fridge is not working :(.  Luckily the boys fix it before anything goes bad.  I also find Claire asleep still at 5:30 much too late for napping!
dinner:

Homework:
A little fort building while Mom and Dad clean up the dinner mess:
teeth brushing time:


She manages to slip this pettiskirt on seconds after brushing her teeth and is ready for more fun





Bedtime is a long adventure as a too long nap makes Claire full of energy.

 Stories and snuggle time.
(photo by Josh :))
Josh is getting to be such a good little reader! 


2 comments:

Granny Shanny said...

WELCOME BACK!!! This was a wonderful post. They are really growing up. They look ever so very happy, Good Job!

Natasha said...

I love the beauty of the every day routine in this post. You are beautiful.