Friday, June 6, 2008

The High Price of Weight Loss


I am starting to understand the slightly overweight, hair in ponytail, disheveled mom look! I made a goal that I would exercise 6 days a week starting in June. The first few days were a bit of a challenge but ended in success. Yesterday, however, I about threw in the towel! Josh wasn't too excited about keeping himself entertained, or even asleep, while I did Tae Boe and after 3 attempts, my motivation was waining. I decided to try something we could both enjoy and pulled out the $250 jogging stroller we had purchased before he was born. When we bought it I had visions of him enjoying the fresh air and change of scenery while I jogged off my extra baby pounds. Ha Ha. When I put him in it he was completely beside himself with sadness! I thought maybe he would like it once we got going, wrong again! I'm sure the neighbors were wondering why I was torturing my poor baby. The tears didn't end when I took him out, apparently riding in a stroller is extremely traumatic! I couldn't even console him with food! Keep in mind he was in the stroller for less than 2 minutes! I finally decided to try a bath, he stopped crying immediately, gave me a big grin and proceeded to play happily in the tub. Gotta love him! I did finally make it to the club house for a quick work out while my sweet hubby watched Josh.
( this picture was taken after he got out of the tub)

5 comments:

Wynd said...

I totally understand your dilema, and it just gets better when they can physically crawl on you and say "dont work out mommy".
We need to get together and excersise, maybe the kids can entertain each other? Love ya

Kaysea said...

I think you got one with a bit of a temper but he'll be able to smile his way out of anything. Good luck with the future!:)

Granny Shanny said...

Are you supposed to lose the weight? hehehehe

Natasha said...

Love that grin! One time I took Levi for a walk when he was just 6 weeks old and it started raining! The wind was blowing so hard and I just knew my neighbors were thinking of turning me in for child abuse. It was awful!

Terina said...

Oh my goodness he has the best smile ever!!! Too cute! Good luck with the work out! You are amazing! So motivated! I cant manage to do yoga in the mornings and I have no excuse not to! No crying kids in my house!! ha ha