Monday, November 17, 2008

Move # 6

Today has been a good day. We started packing and got a lot done. It is nice to have some of it behind us instead of all of it ahead of us. While I don't love moving it does force one to organize and throw away un-necessaries, which is nice. Last week we decided to move a month earlier than originally planned which makes moving day this Friday! I was a little stressed at first, but am feeling much better after today.
I have mixed emotions about this move. I am a little sad about leaving friends and our routine here. I am also a little nervous about down-sizing to a smaller place, and living in a town with limited shopping. However, I am excited for Josh to have a big yard to explore, cousins to run around with, and fresh air. This is giving us an opportunity to save money and I get to have a garden! I think overall this is going to be a very positive thing for our family.
I read this on my friends blog the other day and it spoke to me:
"Sometimes saying goodbye to the comfortable can be a secret way of welcoming an unknown adventure, and sometimes that adventure can turn out to be more exciting and beneficial than what was once considered comfortable."
Here's to our next adventure!

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Ok, first of all I can't believe you have moved so much! Eeek! Our last move just about killed me! I know it's not 'safe' to post your town...especially if it's small, but can we have a hint? Where are you going to be?

Meg said...

Kayla...where are you guys going?? and what is justin doing for work?

Terina said...

Were are you moving to? Did I miss that post? I'm sure moving will be great for you! Also I'm so glad the ER visit turned out fine!!

Alan and Mindee said...

Good luck with your move. That can be stressful, but I will say de-cluttering is a great feeling!

Rob said...

Rob likes this quote: "An inconvenience is an adenture looked at wrong and an adveture is an inconvenience looked at right." Or something like that. He is constantly annoying me by saying it.
I'm so nervous begining my own move today! I am glad yours is going well. :S

Emily said...

I feel your pain with the whole move thing, as we are doing it again this Friday too. How far away from Vegas are you going to be?

Wynd said...

I am so sad, you are moving away from us! But I am excited for your new adventure, and we are still close enough to party once in a while! Love you and best of luck!!!