Saturday, September 19, 2009

Animal Love

Fall has begun to cool off this little dessert. Thank heavens! We find ourselves winding down in the evening by going on walks. Our route winds past horses, cows, sheep, goat, emu, and the occasional cat and dog. Josh is in love with the animals! He catches on so quickly to the sounds they make. Currently he can impersonate a: monkey, lion, tiger, dog, cat, bird, bug, bear, rooster, duck, cow, horse, goat, and sheep.

I have been trying for weeks to get a video of Josh saying the animal sounds, but haven't had much luck. He's not very interested in performing for the camera. This isn't the best video, but I think it is the best I'm going to get:



Thursday Josh and I went to a used book store and met a fat orange cat who lives there. Josh was thrilled! He followed her around telling her all sorts of things, and trying to give her hugs. I have said that I will not get a pet, but I must admit I have become tempted now that Josh is so interested in them and old enough to learn how to be soft with the animals. Too bad cats aren't more kid friendly, they seem like a low maintenance pet.

4 comments:

Emily said...

How funny! It's so great that you can capture that memory and have it forever!

Erin L said...

I miss your posts...

I hope everything is alright.

Granny Shanny said...

In the words of a wise woman I once read....did you die? Why don't you post anymore?
Love ya ;)

Rob said...

Hey! I started posting again. Your turn. :)