
I am completely smitten with this little girl! I had kind of geared myself up to be out of commission for at least 6 months, but she is such a low-maintenance, happy little thing (who actually sleeps at night!), that I am in full get organized mode! Sometimes it feels like I am spinning my wheels always trying to stay on top of my house. I see this as a result of two things: 1. I have this nagging voice that tells me not to play until a job's done, but the job of housework is never done! 2. I have recently realized that I am a slob. I like to have things clean, but I am horrible at picking up after myself. My mom has lovingly called me her "little leper" because I leave traces of myself everywhere I go. This creates a lot of extra work for me. So, last week I scheduled all of my daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. I also made a daily schedule that has enough open time that I will have order but still flexibility. We'll see how it goes! Josh is excellent at helping me stay on task with the housework. A few months before Claire was born I started really focusing on helping him clean up after himself (no need to pass on the slob gene) He takes his dishes to the sink after dinner and we clean his room together each night. I also assigned him some simple chores like setting the table and putting away all the shoes in the house. He is young enough that he loves the responsibility and doesn't complain, very often. He also likes to help me with my work there have been a number of times that he has begged me to please lets mop the floors or clean the windows. It's good incentive.

Sometimes he enlists the help of his animal friends and I find my vacuum looking more like a sacrificial device than a cleaning tool:

I've been trying to snap a picture of Claire's awesome bed head, but it never quite translates. Here is my best effort:








4 comments:
I can sure relate to the whole house cleaning thing. I love a clean house, but that being said it is almost impossible at times. Before kids I would spend a whole Saturday getting everything deep cleaned and done, but with kids you can't do that! The saying "by small and simple things, great things come to pass" has taken on new meaning for me. I have also started sticking to a weekly chart and when I am consistent with it, it really does work! Good Luck!
Your kids are so cute. I love that baby's hair, so adorable. I am glad she is such a good girl for you!
Enjoy this season.... crazy as it is I promise it is one of the BEST! Had a lesson this week talking about the power of choosing to be happy, I thought of you and the good example you are, thanks.
OH MY GOODNESS! Her hair! WOW! You're kids are beautiful! Love the life jacket! Too great! Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation(s)
Post a Comment