A few random thoughts from my head. Too tired to put it all together cohesively so you get the scattered version:):
Getting excited for Halloween around here! Josh and I pulled out the Halloween decor three weeks ago, our house is feeling mighty festive! I do believe Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and the anticipation of the holidays just around the corner. I had thought this would be a fabulous costume for Josh this year; cute, cheap and original! I almost had him convinced, but alas he has his own opinion and has decided to be a pirate. He does make a pretty great pirate though, don't you think?
Getting excited for Halloween around here! Josh and I pulled out the Halloween decor three weeks ago, our house is feeling mighty festive! I do believe Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and the anticipation of the holidays just around the corner. I had thought this would be a fabulous costume for Josh this year; cute, cheap and original! I almost had him convinced, but alas he has his own opinion and has decided to be a pirate. He does make a pretty great pirate though, don't you think?
Still deciding on Claire's costume.Kids say some pretty embarrassing things some days. While shopping Josh has noticed and commented very loudly that other shoppers have "huge bellies", look like "mean men", have crazy hair, and has wonder whether that's a "boy or a girl?" I think the best yet was this week when he said, "Look Mom! You think that lady's a witch?"
Found an unfinished post in my drafts box from just before the computer crashed. I had written "Whoever coined the phrase terrible twos, must have never had a three year old," followed by these two pictures:
7/29/11:
Three has been a bit of a challenge. Josh definitely has is own opinion and is not interested in anyone telling him otherwise. Happy to say things have gotten better since that post. When I decided to go back to school via online classes I had a hard time deciding what to emphasize in (this relates to the before sentence just wait :)). I was most drawn to the Family Home and Consumer Sciences. I figured it was the most applicable to my current life and I had a lot of previous credits that would count toward the major. It made me excited and just felt right. Still I was hesitant because it seemed like such a lame major, something girls choose in college when they are waiting around to get married. I know that sounds snotty but it was how I felt and was a little embarrassed that it wasn't a more "intellectual choice." I went ahead and applied for the FHCS major and couldn't be happier with my decision. It has made all the difference in my parenting. Currently I am taking a child guidance course. The parenting instruction mixed with gospel principles (I'm taking them through BYU) has been so good in keeping my perspective where it needs to be.
I've always subscribed to the thought process "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without," when it comes to my home. Our house is a modge podge of hand me down furniture, generous gifts, yard sale finds and the occasional splurge purchase (which was always on sale!). Seriously our only TV is a teeny tiny box I bought at a yard sale for $5 when we were first married. I also haven't seen a lot of purpose buying nice things when we have been transient for so long. Thanks to pinterest however I am starting to believe in the idea that if you surround yourself with things that make you happy you will love to be home. Trying to find a balance between these two thought processes. Bought these over-priced frames for Claire's room this week, but I also found some great steals at some yard sales: two leather lazy boys for $30, and a great pottery barn chair for $25, feelin pretty good about that!

Excited for my parents to come in a few days. My dad has to have treatment at Huntsmen Center in Salt Lake every three months, so we get to see them a lot more than we would otherwise!And for no other reason than that she's adorable here's a picture of Claire girl. She was happy as could be until I decided I needed to get the camera out then she became somber. Still kind of liked this one though 10/07/11:
and this one makes me laugh 8/18/11:







2 comments:
Love words and pictures from beautiful, talented you.
Oh goodness I love your blog! You're kids are just too cute! I'm scared for 3! I keep hearing it's even harder than 2 and boy 2 is proving to be a challenge! So glad you recovered your pics and such a bummer about photoshop!!!!!!
Post a Comment